Meet our School Council for 2022 -2023
The School council is elected by a democratic system of confidential voting after candidates have made their proposal to their class. Each year the SC agrees how they will operate with the older children leading meetings. Our SC discuss their role to promote:
⦁ Pupil voice – we need to be able to say what we think and adults need to listen
⦁ Responsibilities and rights – everybody matters and everybody can help
⦁ Learning to be a good citizen
⦁ A happy school environment
They draw up a plan of action for the year including fundraising for charity, improving the grounds, sorting out emerging issues and improving the learning environment. They report to the parents forum in the Autumn and the Governors in the Spring term.
- Buying games so playtime is fun - choosing equipment
- Improve the outdoors - the quiet area
- Developing the natural environment - planting a meadow and starting a woodland and improving insect houses
- Planning BIG ideas to take the Governors (which usually cost a lot!)
- Communicating with people from outside school by writing a webpage and making posters
- Improving playtime by training the new playground buddies
- Extending clubs provision
- Being a good citizen - environmental letters, adding to the Parish Council news, making soup lunch for local people
- Raising money for Charity - both local and national
- making sure everyone in school feels happy and safe and knows where to go for help.
If you wish to observe a meeting then let us know!